Saturday, January 10, 2009

Where am I?

I should be asking this question of myself more often. I've been away from this blog for a long time now.

The time in between was pretty eventful actually, full of ups and downs, rights and wrongs. After it all, I am now physically transplanted to Dubai, working as a GM in a company. This is when I really need to ask where I am...

I work in Dubai, I study in Milwaukee and I live in India.
My heart is in India, but a piece of it is in Milwaukee.
I study at work and work towards my studies.
I was born in Sharjah, have an India passport and an American driving license.
I notice a new sign on the road, but hardly notice the new furniture at home.
I need a break but am unwilling to take one.
I love cars, but don't seem to notice them anymore.
Steel and hydraulics excite me and anger me at the same time.
I am reachable all the time but accessible none of the time.

Most people don't know where tomorrow will take them. I just don't know where I am today.

No comments: